Oversees the proper purchasing procedures, inventory control, staff utilization, security, pricing, merchandising, displaying, and advertising of the Parts Department.
- Order retail, wholesale, and accessories parts daily.
- Monitor and manage inventory.
- Oversee Department organization bins and layout.
- Forecast goals and objectives for the department.
- Work with the Service Manager to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed for all jobs.
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, state, and local regulations that may affect parts sales.
- Train parts department staff.
- Direct and schedule the activities of all parts department employees.
- Monitor parts department employees' payroll records.
- Develop, enforce and monitor guidelines for working with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Handle customer complaints immediately and according to the dealership's guidelines.
- Establish and enforce a pricing policy that balances volume, customer loyalty, and the cost of doing business.
- Review invoices of parts purchases and credits from the manufacture and all other outside vendors at months end to ensure bills are current, correct and paid.
- Work with manufacture district manager retail and wholesale for current programs and awareness of current business items and issues.
- Conduct health and safety training for direct reports.
- Follow established organizational procedures and health and safety policies.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Parts sales experience strongly preferred.
- Management experience strongly preferred.
What we have
- No Sundays
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Cafeteria Plan- Medical & Dependent Care
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Purchase Discounts
- Community involvement opportunities