Not a remote position. Candidate needs to be located in the Omaha Nebraska metro area.
- Implements strategic direction for the development (conceptual and coding) of the sites.
- Maintain the web site data integrity by daily verifying web site database with DMS database.
- Provide technical support to end users of employee facing and public facing web tools.
- Work with 3rd
party web design vendors to ensure strategic direction remains the focus.
- Understanding design website concepts and strategies based on consumer interests and traffic patterns; identifying and examining content features and options.
- Participate in decisions, and in executing strategic web opportunities.
- Monitor web site security to ensure compliance with regulations and to protect company and customer information.
- Push changes to staging and live environment after complete testing to ensure minimal downtime.
- Covers on-call schedule as set by the IT Director.
- Accomplishes Information Technology and Woodhouse mission by completing related tasks as needed.
- Follows established organizational procedures and health and safety policies
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- 2 years experience with Ruby on Rails
- excellent communication skills
- experience maintaining a large code base
- ActiveRecord - models, migrations, associations, validations.
- Unit testing - Rspec
- Bachelor’s degree computer related field or the equivalent experience
Preferred, but not required:
- familiarity with redis
- familiarity with sidekiq
- understanding of configuring domain names
- ability to support I.T. Helpdesk as needed with computer/software/printer issues
- configuration of a new app
- Basics of REST and HTTP protocol
- Basics of SQL
- configuration of PostgreSQL / MySQL
- Git for code management
- Deployment to an app on a custom server
- API + JSON
Job Knowledge/Skills Required
- Excellent attention to detail and time-management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on difficult, high-pressured deadlines; juggling multiple tasks, and prioritizing work at hand.
- Ability and experience working productively and proactively both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.