Offer and respond to requests for competitive insurance quotes/proposals for current and prospective Woodhouse customers, referrals and other prospects. Manage all aspects of new business production, including prospecting, quoting, preparing, presenting and closing new business in a consultative manner. Additionally, provide on-going customer service, advice and consultation to insurance customers in order to maintain retention rate at/near 90% or better. Represent Woodhouse Auto Family & Woodhouse Family Insurance in a professional manner at all times.
- Contact all leads, referrals and other prospects in a timely manner to discuss their coverage needs in a consultative manner.
- Effectively cross-sell additional lines of coverage as needed/appropriate to ensure comprehensive coverage of all key exposures.
- Use consultative selling techniques to close new business with customers in a mutually-beneficial manner.
- Bind coverage as appropriate, including establishment of payment method, terms, etc. .
- Respond to customer requests for annual/pre-renewal reviews, re-markets, re-writes, etc.
- In concert with CSC and CSR, ensure that all on-going customer communications, service requests, cross-sales, questions, changes, etc. are handled in a professional, courteous and timely manner to maintain customer retention level at/near 90% or better.
- Consistently demonstrate strong insurance industry, carrier and product knowledge in order to effectively and professionally communicate key factors affecting each customers’ package programs.
- Maintain active involvement in community served, whether in industry, civic, volunteer and/or other areas of interest to enhance professional standing and a strong prospect/new business pipeline.
- Serve as an “Ambassador” of Woodhouse Family Insurance, both within and outside of the company, striving to continuously build goodwill and new business opportunities for the organization.
- Successfully manage all producer required CE Credits, business practices and personal behaviors as mandated by each state’s department of insurance in order to maintain all necessary licenses and credentials.
Job Knowledge/Skills Required
- Well-versed in current insurance industry regulations.
- Proven success at all levels of new business generation, including prospecting, quoting, and closing new business accounts.
- Proven ability to manage client retention at 90% or better.
- Attention to detail.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- College Degree, preferably with a major in business administration, accounting, finance, risk management, economics or a related course of study.
- Property & Casualty Producer License required. Additional licensing in Health & Benefits and/or Life Insurance may also be beneficial.
- Additional Insurance Industry Designations are desirable, such as AAI, CIC, ARM, etc.
- 3-5 years experience in Commercial and/or Personal Lines P&C Sales with a proven record of successful sales, account growth/management and client retention.
- Working knowledge of automated agency management and multiple-rating systems, including producer and customer service functionality.