M-F, 7:30am to 5:30pm
Responsible for all work assigned by the Body Shop Manager or Foreman, economic use of materials and supplies and maintenance/care of equipment and supplies.
What you will do
- Perform repair work on and replacement of interior vehicle components (frame assemblies, floorboards, floor coverings, upholstery)
- Perform repair work on vehicle bodies (replacing front-end components, body components, doors, frame under body components; hammering out dents, buckles, and other defects using blocks and hammers; filing, grinding, and sanding repaired body surfaces; filling holes, dents and seams; removing damaged fenders, panels and grills; welding replacement parts in place)
- Paint surfaces after performing body repairs
- Mix paint according to the specifications, using viscometer to regulate consistency according to changes in atmospheric conditions
- Wash vehicle exterior, including windows and door jambs
- Clean vehicle interior, including vacuuming and using appropriate cleaning agents, applicators, and cleaning devices
- Maintain and wear all required safety and health personal protective equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with all laws and regulations pertaining to cleaning fluids, paint, thinners, and other hazardous materials. Report any deviations to management.
What you need
- Valid driver's license
- Knowledge of auto body work
- High School Diploma or GED
- Attendance is mandatory
Job Knowledge/Skills Required
- Attention to Detail
- Knowledge to perform all types of auto body repairs proficiently
Equipment & Machines Used
Includes, but is not limited to, body shop tools and equipment. Hand and power tools, welder, cutting torch, paint sprayer.
Must be able to lift 75 lbs. independently. Must be able to move and transport heavy parts around the shop to different stations. Must be able to lift 75 lbs. parts into the trash on a regular basis. Must be able to both squat down and stand for a large portion of the day (6 to 8 hours of standing during a shift).
What we have
- No Sundays
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Cafeteria Plan- Medical & Dependent Care
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Purchase Discounts
- Community involvement opportunities
- Family events